GPS Coordinates: Lat: 28o 01' 05.40" N Long: 82o 06' 51.30" W
This small park offers no public amenities or parking; however, is still a beautiful place to walk to and spread a picnic blanket.
The six foot high arrowhead shaped monument was erected in 1932 by the Echebucsassa Chapter of the Daughters of the American Reviolution to remember the city's first post office, the site of which was four miles to the north. The post office was established on November 5, 1849 according to DAR history. Echebucsassa is considered the first name of this city and is thought to be the name designated by the Indians who used the area as a camping ground wjhile traveling to and from Fort Brook in Tampa for trading. The name Plant City was adopted in 1884 (prior to incorporation in 1885) when the town honored H. B. Plant who built the first railroad here. The monument was built by William E. Calvert with rocks collected by members from Blackwater Creek near Crystal Springs and from other states. (Source: Echebucsassa Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution records, The Tampa Times)