Kerri J. Miller, CMC
302 W. Reynolds St.
P.O. Box Drawer C
Ph: (813) 659-4200 Ext. 4237
Fax: (813) 659-4202
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
The City Clerk is appointed by the City Commission and is Director of the Department of Records. The City Clerk serves the Commissioners, City Manager, all administrative departments and acts as a historian for the community. Some of the services and duties entrusted to the City Clerk are as follows:
- Prepares and distributes City Commission Agendas and records official minutes of City Commission proceedings.
- Prepares Municipal Code Enforcement Board agendas and records official minutes of proceedings.
- Prepares and publishes Legal Ads for ordinances, resolutions and notices of public hearings.
- Develops and administers improved electronic management of City's records.
- Acts as liaison between the public and the Commission as directed.
- Administers and records Oaths of Office.
- Is the City's Records Management Liason Officer with the State of Florida and is responsible for maintaining the City's Records Management Program in accordance with State law.
- Maintains custody of the municipal seal.
- Attests and maintains custody of all Official City Records.
- Maintains receipt of service and legal documents.
- Receives and processes applications for volunteer Boards and Committees.
- Tracks board member term expirations for all Boards and Committees.
- Maintains the City Code.
- Receives and processes public records request in accordance with Florida Statutes.
- Coordinates voter registration activities with Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections.
- Provides layout of municipal election ballots.
- Furnishes and receives qualifying materials for municipal elections.
- Receives and maintains candidate records.
- Certifies and maintains election results.