Agenda Report June 13, 2011
The Community Redevelopment Agency Meeting for June 13, 2011 has been Cancelled.
CITY OF PLANT CITY
REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COMMISSION
Monday, June 13, 2011
7:30p.m. Sadye Gibbs Martin Auditorium, City Hall
1. Meeting called to order by Mayor-Commissioner Daniel D. Raulerson.
2. Invocation by Reverend Tommy Warnock, First Baptist Church of Plant City followed
by the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
3. Oath of Office Administered to Commissioner William D. Dodson, City Commissioner,
4. Oath of Office Administered to Commissioner Michael S. Sparkman, City Commissioner,
5. Election and Oath of Office administered to Mayor-Commissioner.
6. Consideration of reappointments to:
1. Council of Governments
2. Metropolitan Planning Organization
3. Public Transportation Commission
PTC Alternate Member
4. Ridge League of Cities
5. Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
6. Tourist Development Council
7. Consent Agenda: Items listed on the consent agenda are considered routine and will
be adopted by one motion. There will be no discussion of the items
on the consent agenda unless discussion is requested by a member
of the Commission, City Manager or City Attorney. If so requested,
that item will be removed from the consent agenda and will be
(a) Resolution approving minutes of Special Minutes May 23, 2011.
(b) Resolution approving minutes of Regular Minutes May 23, 2011.
(c) Resolution supporting One Bay Regional Vision.
(d) Resolution accepting bid of Marlon Dunn Contracting, LLC relating to the industrial
park drainage project.
(e) Resolution approving property access agreement with Pharmacia & Upjohn
(f) Resolution waiving bid requirements based on a sole source vendor and authorize the
purchase of (4) new police motorcycles and related equipment from Victory Police
(g) Resolution accessing lien against property located at 405 N. Thomas Street..
(h) Resolution adopting the Investment Policy of Plant City, Florida dated June 1, 2011.
(a) Presentation of a proclamation recognizing the honorable life of Jacqueline (Jackie)
9. Reports of Officers, Boards and Committees:
(a) City Manager
(b) City Attorney
(c) City Clerk
10. Introduction and adoption of Resolutions and Ordinances:
(a) Public hearing on an ordinance modifying development language and site plan
within the Cone Farms Community Unit District.
(b) Resolution setting a public hearing on an ordinance amending Section 74-362, Plant
City Code, regarding inspection and turn on fees.
(c) Resolution approving contract with the Florida Department of Health, relating to
grant funds for the construction of drinking water fluoridation system.
(a) Visitors not on the agenda.
By authority of Resolution No. 30-1993, all matters to be brought before the
Commission must be reported to the City Clerk's Office by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday
preceding each regular meeting of the City Commission.
IF A PERSON DECIDES TO APPEAL ANY DECISION MADE BY THE CITY
COMMISSION WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATTER CONSIDERED AT SUCH
MEETING, HE WILL NEED A RECORD OF THE PROCEEDINGS, AND FOR
SUCH PURPOSE HE MAY NEED TO ENSURE THAT A VERBATIM RECORD
OF THE PROCEEDINGS IS MADE, WHICH RECORD INCLUDES THE TESTIMONY
AND EVIDENCE UPON WHICH THE APPEAL IS TO BE BASED.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICAN DISABILITIES ACT, ANY PERSON
WITH A DISABILITY REQUIRING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN
ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS MEETING SHOULD CALL THE CITY
CLERK AT (813) 659-4200 AT LEAST 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.