GPS Coordinates: Lat: 28o 01' 13.10" N Long: 82o 07' 06.00" W
(bordered by Pennsylvania Avenue, Gilchrist Street, Knight Street and Tomlin Street)
Named to honor Florida Governor (1909-1913) Albert W Gilchrist who bestowed about 5 acres of land in the Oak Branch area of town for what would be the development of a city park.
Sources: Focus Magazine, Plant City Photo Archives and History Center, Plant City: It's Origins and History by Quintilla Geer Bruton and D.E. Bailey
Gilchrist Park now includes an ADA compliant playground provided in 2005 by the Plant City Rotary Club and the Plant City Daybreak Rotary Club through a $100,000 grant in recognition of the Rotary International 100th anniversary. This park offers: