Housing Assistance

The City of Plant City does not provide housing related services directly.  Below are some primary contacts and information which might be of assistance.

Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Programs

Public Housing and Section 8 Rental Assistance

If your are seeking assistance for low income rental housing contact the following sources:
Additional information on available rental housing can be found at the following agencies and their web links:

Homeless Assistance

Assistance for homeless or those at-risk of becoming homeless is provided through a number of agencies. Contact the following:

Hillsborough County Homeless Services Department.  813/274-6834 or 813/301-7328

Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative 813/223-6115

Homeless Services Department administers $3.9 million in contracts with service providers in the community to address homelessness among families and single adults for specific target populations:

    ministrieslogo2.jpg Metropolitan Ministries: Provides emergency and bridge housing and other support services to homeless families and single women on campuses and in community-based apartments.

    Contact Metropolitan Ministries at 813-209-1000 for more information.
    salvaresized.jpg The Salvation Army: Provides up to 75 shelter beds and other support services for homeless single men and women. 

    Contact The Salvation Army at 813-221-4440 for more information.
    ACTresized.jpg Agency for Community Treatment Services (ACTS): Provides emergency and bridge housing focused on homeless persons with mental health, substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders. Housing is provided in both a limited mental health assisted living facility and community-based apartments. 

    Contact ACTS at 813-246-4899 for more information.
    dacoresized.jpg Drug Abuse and Comprehensive Coordinating Office (DACCO): Provides a 75 bed housing facility with supportive services designed to move adults quickly from homelessness to housing and surrounds them with needed support and services so they can sustain stable, decent, and affordable housing.

    Contact DACCO at 813-621-8781 for more information.

Senior Housing & Services

For senior living resources you can go to https://www.seniorguidance.org/assisted-living/florida

Other Social Service Needs

Hillsborough County Residents can seek help with social needs at the County's 5 Neighborhood Service Centers. At these locations, case managers will help clients with utilities, education, shelter, homeless prevention, transportation and job search. The local service center may be contacted by phone at 813-757-3871, and is located at:  307 N Michigan Avenue,  Plant City, FL.

Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Discrimination
For residents who believe they have been discriminated against based up their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, you should contact the Equal Opportunity Administrator's Office with Hillsborough County.  The following is a link to their web site, or call 813-272-6554, TTY / Relay Number is 800-955-8771.


Fair Housing Awareness go to:


To Report a Fair Housing Complaint go to: