The City of Plant City Procurement Department, by City Charter, Section 2-140 of the City Code and Commission Approval, consists of individuals whose purpose is to streamline and economize the City's Procurement Process, through a centralized procurement function.
The City of Plant City Procurement Department has adopted and will abide by the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing Code of Ethics.
As part of a continuous improvement process, the City's Procurement Department needs your feedback. If you have a moment, please take our "How Are We Doing?" Survey. The survey includes a comment section for making suggestions or logging a complaint. If you would like the Purchasing Manager to contact you, please leave your contact information in that comment section.
The mission of the Procurement Department is compliance with regulatory guidelines and internal control procedures, to conduct business with the highest level of customer service, ethical standards, fairness, and transparency, while welcoming qualified, responsible, and diverse vendors.
The Department strives to partner with Vendors and City departments to secure quality goods and services in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost while ensuring that all purchasing actions are conducted fairly and impartially.
The Department believes that these values are essential to our success:
- Customer Care: We believe a strong commitment to quality service to our customers is vital for our success.
- Providing accurate and timely information: We believe that timely and accurate information is crucial to business decisions within the City and the business community.
- Building effective partnerships: We believe that our strength lies in our professional relationships and that solid partnerships between the City and the business community are based upon us understanding our customer’s business needs and planning, implementing and managing the best contracts. We embrace the highest ethical standards of our profession and model ethical conduct to our customers, our colleagues and our peers.
- Innovation: We value creativity and innovation in developing and providing successful solutions. We are committed to seeking more efficient and effective ways of conducting our business
- Open access to procurement opportunities and information: We value our business partners and believe in the practice of free and open competition. We are committed to ensure a fair, non-discriminatory and complete process based on the highest ethical standards in our profession.
The City of Plant City has partnered with BidSync to provide web-based bidding services to their vendors. This partnership makes it easier for you to immediately receive and respond to business opportunities via the Internet.
Please register your company with BidSync in order to participate in future bidding opportunities. The free registration process will take less than five minutes. If you are already registered with BidSync, please log in to update your profile to include Plant City as one of your agencies for solicitation notification.
City Of Plant City - Standard Terms and Conditions Please read through the Purchase Order Terms and Conditions (PDF).