After School Program
Elementary school children need an outlet to work off some energy after being cooped up in the classroom all day! It is important for them to have structured and productive out-of-school time!
- For children entering grades K-5 this fall
- Held at the Planteen Recreation Center for school year 2018-2019.
- Open each school day from 2:00 to 6:00 pm. (On early release school days, we will open at 1:00 pm.)
Lots of Fun Activities
- Supervised and productive activities such as:
- Study Hour from 2:30 to 3:30 pm where staff helps tutor students with homework
- physical outdoor activities
- snack time and more.
- Only available on school days
- Separate options are available for out-of-school time on weekdays for the Fall Break (November 19-21), Winter Break (December 26-January 4) and Spring Break (March 18-22). These programs will be offered if enough youths register. More info on these programs is available at the Planteen Recreation Center.
- The After School Program is closed on the following City holidays: Labor Day (September 3), Veterans Day (November 12), Thanksgiving Day and day after (November 22-23) Christmas Eve and Day (December 24-25), New Year’s Day (January 1), Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Day (January 21), Strawberry Festival Parade Day (March 4) and Memorial Day (May 27).
- Very reasonable when compared to other programs!
- Only pay $150 per semester (90 school days)
- Averages out to $1.67 a school day!
- This covers all activities and a snack each day – you cannot beat it!
- If you need transportation from Bryan, Burney, Jackson, Lincoln or Wilson Elementary Schools, we can pick up the first 13 per school that register for an additional $25 per semester, or just over $0.25 a day! (Sorry, we cannot pick up from other schools.)
- Late pick-up policy: Child(ren) must be picked up by 6:00 pm. A $5.00 per child late fee plus a $1.00 a minute fee will be assessed for late pick-ups. Staff have worked a long day and need their rest, and our budget does not allow for overtime pay for these situations. Please be on time by picking up your child(ren) by 6:00 pm.
- A program info flyer and registration form is available at this link.
- Registration starts 20 days before school starts and continues on a space-available basis.
- Space is limited, especially if you are looking for transportation only available from the five schools listed above!
- Registration is on a first-paid, first-served basis. We cannot hold space for any child without payment.
- If you need a payment plan, discuss it with staff.
For more program details, please contact Planteen Recreation Supervisor Maggie Morona 813-659-4256 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . The Planteen is open week days from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, however there may be times when Maggie is out of the office. Just shoot her an e-mail or leave a voice mail and she will get back to you quickly. Don’t wait to register as spots will fill up quickly!