What's Happening Now In Recreation & Parks!
Current Topics of Interest!
SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM: Registration starts March 24 for the City-Wide Summer Youth Program! Program includes supervised activities such as arts/crafts, board games, and outdoor activities as well as field trips. The 9 week program starts June 4 and runs through August 3. Full fee payment reserves the child’s spot in the program and covers all program costs, tee shirt, trips and trip transportation. An information flyer is posted at the above link. Payment plan is available upon request and cash, check, money order or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover only) are accepted. The program site, ages and fees for the 2018 program are:
Planteen Recreation Center – ages 6-15 – must have completed Kindergarten (bring last report card as proof)
$375 total per child for the 9 week program
Contact Recreation Division staff :
- Recreation Supervisor Maggie Morona at email@example.com or 813-659-4256
- Recreation Supervisor Lillie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-757-9195
- Recreation Center Coordinator JaVae Ingraham at email@example.com or 813-757-9195
Contact the site administrators above for the most up to date information on these summer activities!
Announcing the 1st Annual East Hillsborough Discovery Quest. The event is free to the public, and will assist East Hillsborough County residents by connecting them to variety of service and program providers, career and job opportunities, health screenings, all in one place. Residents will learn more about what is available, be able to sign up for programs, apply for assistance, and attend brief informative seminars. Not everyone in attendance will need assistance, but by learning about what is available they can help connect friends, family and co-workers.
There will also be variety of other activities for children and families to enjoy. EHDQ will showcase our local musicians, dancers, and artist. The day will include door prizes, which you can register to win by bringing a canned food item, donate blood or bring in eye glasses for the Lion’s Club. There will also be the 1st Annual I-4 Food Truck War, where three regions: Orlando, Lakeland and Tampa area trucks will compete for best in region and best overall trucks.
This event is organized by the East Hillsborough Advisory Council, which serves the Plant City Neighborhood Service Center, along with the City of Plant City, Hillsborough County’s Neighborhood Service Center, New Hope at the Cornerstone, and several local non-profits, civic organizations, churches and volunteers.
If you would like more information about East Hillsborough Discovery Quest, go to our web page: EASTHILLSBOROUGHDISCOVERYQUEST.COM
PLANTEEN RECREATION CENTER: Various programs are offered at the Planteen Recreation Center, 301 Dort Street.
Click this link for more information about the rec center or contact Recreation Supervisor Maggie Morona at the Planteen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-659-4256 to get information about the activities at the center!
DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR RECREATION CENTER: Various youth and adult programs highlight the offerings at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Recreation Center, 1601 East Dr. MLK Blvd.
Click this link for more information about the rec center or contact Recreation Supervisor Lillie Brown at email@example.com or Recreation Center Coordinator JaVae Ingraham at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the center at 813-757-9195 or 813-757-9196 to get information about the activities at the center!
The Plant City Tennis Center offers several youth programs during the school year:
- Lessons – unless noted differently, normally register early-mid month for the lessons which start the first week of the following month.
- Jr. Beginner Lessons – ages 8-14 – six classes over three weeks costs only $60 per person. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 pm to 6:45 pm.
- Tots Beginner Lessons – ages 4-7 – six classes over three weeks costs only $30 per person. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Adult Beginners - six classes over three weeks costs only $60 per person. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:45 to 7:45 pm.
- Team Tennis for Intermediate/Advanced Juniors – $80 per person per month – twice a week, check the Tennis Center for scheduling.
Watch the video below, presented by the National Recreation & Parks Association.